Tips for a Stress-free Screening
Follow these tips to make the screening process less stressful and more efficient for everybody:
- Tag your carry-on and checked baggage with your contact information.
- Give yourself plenty of time to get through pre-board screening, especially during peak travel periods (early morning, noon, and early evening).
- Leave empty baggage carts outside of the screening checkpoint.
- Have your boarding pass ready to present for verification. You may need to show photo identification. At some airports, the validation of your boarding pass will be done automatically by a scanner.
- NEVER joke or make “small talk” about bombs, firearms or other weapons while going through pre-board screening – you could be charged with an offence under the Canadian Aviation Security Regulations.
- Understand what to expect during a physical search.
security screening process, tips for security screening at airport