Travelling for spring?
Taking a flight doesn’t need to be complicated. These tips will help you breeze through security:
How to Pack your Carry-on
- Only bring liquids, aerosols and gels that are packaged in containers of 100 ml / 100 grams (3.4 oz) or less. These items must fit into one transparent, closed and resealable plastic bag with a capacity of no more than 1 L (1 quart). These include many warm weather items like sunscreen, after-sun lotion, and even bottled water. If in doubt, pack these items in your checked bag.
- Exempted liquids – like medicine, baby formula or breast milk– should be packed in your carry-on bag so that they can be easily removed for inspection.
- Ensure you can easily remove your laptop computer from its carrying case.
- Pack your coins, keys and small electronics in your carry-on bag.
- Duty-free liquids, aerosols and gels purchased from any airline or airport retailer that are properly sealed in official security bags and accompanied by a receipt can be brought through security.
- Ski and golf vacations require a little more planning. Most sports equipment, like snowboards and golf clubs, are not permitted in the cabin of the plane and must be checked in with your airline.
Tips for a Stress-Free Screening
Follow these tips to make the screening process less stressful and more efficient for everybody:
- Be ready to put your 1 L bag of liquids, gels and aerosols in the bins provided.
- Avoid wearing belts with large metal buckles.
- Dress comfortably with easy-to-remove outerwear. You may need to remove your coat at security.
- Limit jewelry to small earrings, watches, wedding bands/engagement rings, eyeglasses.